Sunday, March 20, 2011

CZ 70 Range Report

While I'm waiting on the CZ-82, I picked up a CZ-70 in .32 ACP and took it for a spin. I must say, I was quite impressed. I put an initial 10-rounds of Remington UMC .32 71gr FMJ ammo on the target with a grouping of about 16 inches at 7 yards. After I was confident this old gun wasn't going to explode, I settled down and opened my eyes and prepared for round 2.

For the 2nd round, I swapped the targets and took my time. An additional 10 rounds slow fire (with eyes open) saw the grouping tighten up considerably. I saw no FTF/FTE of any kind. Action was very smooth and recoil was almost nothing. I'm used to shooting the larger calibers, so I was pleasantly surprised by the performance of the .32 acp.


I went ahead and ordered a New set of Old factory-original grips. I'm looking forward to receiving them and dressing her up!


This may be a project gun that I refinish on my own. Anyone have any suggestions for a nice durable finish that I can do on my own at home? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment